Working from home? Check out these 8 Yoga hacks for the WFH folks to stay fit and stress-free!
We truly deserve an award for sitting 8–10 hrs every day in front of our scowling screens and being badgered by non-stop work calls and emails.
Amid a WFH lifestyle (which we once really desired) we are incapable of taking out enough ‘ME’ time and hence fall prey to an unhealthy routine.
But don’t worry, we present to you 8 Yoga Hacks you can pull off while sitting or lying on your bed that will make you feel energetic.
Let’s dive into the good stuff!
Boat Pose or Navasana
Looks simple enough? Close your laptop, hop on your bed, or sit on the floor and pose like a boat!
- Sit with your knees bent and feet flat on the floor or bed.
- Steadily lift your shins parallel to the ground (half-boat pose)
- Keep your torso contracted and spine straight.
- Slowly, bring your legs up to a 45-degree angle without losing your balance.
- Raise your arms parallel to the ground. Do not let your spine crouch or round.
- Hold the pose as long as your body allows.
- Do not forget to inhale and exhale. Keep your breathing pattern intact.
There you go, acing the boat pose!
Humming Bee Breath or Bhramari Pranayama
Is work pressure getting on your nerves? Try humming like a bee through this pose and buzz the stress off!
- Find a comfortable spot to sit cross-legged.
- Close your ear lids or flaps with your thumbs
- Place your index finger right above your eyebrows and the rest over your eyes while applying gentle pressure on the sides of your nose
- Focus on the area between your eyebrows and slowly breathe out a humming sound like that of an ‘OM’
- Inhale and exhale as you hum the ‘OM’
Watch your worries vanish with every exhale!
Stretch it out!
Remember how you stretch out your muscles every morning you wake up?
Just incorporate the same while working in your setup.
Stand up every half an hour and stretch till you feel the tensions melting away or stretch out your arms and legs in your workspace.
A savvy stretch keeps your body moving and revitalizes your work-laden head!
Keep moving around
One of the highlighting characteristics of a WFH culture is gazillion meetings and calls on an hourly basis. The way to stay fit is getting up and moving around, whenever possible, during work meetings and calls.
Not only you’d be cunningly completing your daily walking quota, but this practice would also boost your eagerness to work once you put the phone down!
Frog Pose or Mandukasana
Ever felt like dozing off in the middle of work? Now that you get to work from home, give a shot to this yoga pose for a relaxing fix to your ill-timed naps.
- Sit on the floor or your bed by folding your legs and placing your feet under the hips. (Vajrasana)
- Firmly set your right hand on your left and press them against your navel
- Exhale and bend as forward as your body allows
- Stay put in the same position for at least 5 seconds
- Inhale while moving back up
Repeat this process till your drowsiness wears off.
Eagle Arms or Garudasana
You can try this pose even when you are sitting on your chair and are in dire need of giving your arms a break!
- Sit cross-legged or stay still on your chair and bring both arms together with your elbows touching
- Twist your left arms around the right
- Attempt to place your palms together
- Gaze at a fixed spot while keeping up the pose
- Switch arms every time you bring them together
Through this posture, turn your Monday blues into Yoga yellows! A perfectly seamless yoga hack to outstretch your legs when you are attending back-to-back meetings or calls.
- Straighten your back and plant your left ankle on your right knee
- Keep your ankle aligned with the knee as much as possible
- You can even mix it up by bending forward and taking it up a notch
- Hold the pose for 3–5 breaths
- Repeat the same by switching the legs
Legs-up the wall pose
Feel like a pressure cooker ready to burst? Give the above pose a try and, it might relieve your work and personal stress and rescue your brain before it explodes!
Step-by-Step Guide (Does it need one?)
- Plop down on your bed or lie down on the floor (assuming it is clean) and spread out your arms
- Lift your legs and place them along the wall
- You can even modify it by placing a pillow beneath your back
Now, forget about your draining work and feel the stretch in your abdomen and legs.
This pose would definitely bring an afflux of childhood memories, drown in them, and get back up when you believe you have an afresh mindset!
With this, we hope you found your fix and wish you a happy Work From Home!
For more reads: Checkout www.bwtexperiences.com/blog
Claps would be appreciated :)